Auto Insurance Information
Auto Insurance in Ohio.
Serving in Pemberville, Luckey, Woodville, Walbridge, Bowling Green, Bradner, and Wayne.
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company. You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Auto insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car.
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage.
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses.
- Collision coverage pays for damage to your vehicle in an accident.
- Comprehensive coverage pays for damage to your vehicle such as fire, theft, falling objects, storms, collision with animals, glass breakage.
An auto insurance policy is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Most states require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
We also can offer additional coverage like rental reimbursement, roadside assistance, custom equipment, and assistance if you require a SR22.
There are lots of discounts that we can offer as well with our auto policies. We can offer home and car discount, good student discount, SmartRide, SmartMiles, Parperless Policy, Easy Pay, Accident Free, Multi-Car, New Vehicles etc. We make it our mission to get you the best policy to fit your needs and offer qualified discounts.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. Your insurance company should notify you by mail when it's time to renew the policy and to pay your premium.
Why do you need auto insurance?
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to ask your agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
FAQ about auto insurance?
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
1. How much Auto Insurance do I need?
Ohio requires you to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance and also provide proof of insurance to register a vehicle or renew your license.
2. What questions should I ask to determine how much Auto Insurance I need?
-The value of your assets
-How much and when you drive
-What type of car you drive
-Who are the passengers in your car
3. How do I find the best Auto Insurance for me?
It is important to choose a local agent who can help you find the proper coverage for you and your vehicle. Baker Insurance Agency can help you every step of the way.
Call us today at 419-287-3231
or fill out an online quote
Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.